Friday, June 24, 2016

"My name is Jazz."


When I was a little girl my mom signed me up for basketball. I quit when the ball hit me in the face. Then she signed me up for swimming. I cried on the side of the pool, until she made me jump in. Even though I became an expert swimmer, it just wasn’t my thiiing! And so I kept on and kept on exploring... One day I met “Jazz.” Jazz was special. Jazz gave me all the glitz and glam and all my PIZAZZzzzzz. She made-me-feel-so sparkly-so loose- so free……. At last I found myself! (Shout out to Joselito!!!!  My first dance instructor ever! Still Fly! Still Funky! And Still FRESHHHhhh! Check out his studio in Kent,WA!)



So anyway, I twirled along and signed up for every talent show in sight. Landed on the cheer squad in high school, but when D’s landed on my papers, I landed on my ass. Dream dead. With no vision and no direction, I got lost. Throughout college I participated in aerobics class after class after class… Then one day I flew across country and landed in the bible-belt.

I walked around in “Woa-Mode” for a long time. Trying to adjust from city livin’ to country livin’, but not totally country because I told my husband NO Farms! NO confederate flags! I was open to the new life, because Atlanta’s culture life is the BoMb! I love meeting people and food from different parts of the globe…  I always tell people Seattle raised me, but Atlanta made. Boy or boy…. If you only knew the HELL I went thru… Panic-stricken-paralyzed by fear. Until one day, I met Jesus.  Growing up I wasn’t a Sunday school girl, but living in bible-belt, it became a thing we did every single Sunday. I studied the bible as if my life depended on it because well it did, until I lost my self-identity in religion.



Trying to make Atlanta-life the norm, fit in, meet new people, figure this mom/wife thing out….  The major question I had for myself was “Who the hell am I?” After 9 years of raising my babies at home, I learned that I am meant to work for myself—  After having baby #3, his name is Noah by the way and I AM IN TOTAL LOoooVE!!!!!!!! Thank you God! Having him stirred up the passion inside me and resurrected a DREAM! It revived the little girl who found herself on the studio floor.  Only this time, I know the purpose behind it and I WON’T STOP UNTIL I’M TEARING IT UP ON MY OWN FLOOR.



*This is dedicated to the dreamers… And the doers. No matter how much of life has passed, as long as your breathing, you still have a shot! Get up! Get out! And Go Get It!  

#ThoughtsbyJayeRose  #WildRoses  #MomzROCK

No comments:

Post a Comment